Sr. MTS- VMKernel
- Bangalore, India
Job Role and Responsibility
We are looking for an Engineering team member passionate about systems architecture, systems software, and distributed systems to join our ESXi VMKernel team. Our team is part of Cloud Platform Business unit responsible for ESXi operating system. You will be part of the team with real passion for delivering and maintaining high quality enterprise class products and thrive on developing kernel and high level solutions for building global infrastructure that help accelerate our customers' digital transformation.
You will work closely with a team of software engineers and product managers to design and implement novel operating system techniques and algorithms for handling both virtual and real computer hardware. At the same time you also work with support teams in debugging and fixing customer issues.
1. Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science and Engineering with 7 to 10 years of experience.
2. Intimate knowledge of OS interfaces to hardware feature and facilities, preferably with experience in a virtualized environment and IO virtualization area.
3. Excellent understanding of operating system internal and kernel components, including security concerns and secured execution concept.
4.Expert in low-level / kernel-level code development.
5. In-depth understanding of modern Intel and AMD x86-based processor architectures
6. Strong debugging experience and track record of root causing and fixing complex kernel bugs.
7. Self-motivated and result oriented.
8. Prioritize and handle multiple pending tasks
1. Knowledge of x86 assembler, Go, Python and other programming languages a plus.
2. Familiarity with multiple virtualization platforms, such as ESXi, ZEN, Hyper-V, as well as IOMMU, SR-IOV, Passthru drivers, ...etc., technologies.
3. Experience with System bring-ups, CPU, Chipset, SMP/NUMA, NVRAM/NVMEM, BMC/Service processor, ...etc.
4. Familiarity with kernel performance analysis and optimization.
5. Understanding of distributed system concepts, Disaggregated System/ Composable hardware, a plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top