Sr. MTS, R&D: Machine Learning Platforms
- Bangalore, India
Machine Learning for Cloud Management
The Cloud Management Business Unit at VMware creates industry leading solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds. The troubleshooting, monitoring and management capabilities provided by our software has made us an integral part of customer's cross-cloud journey. Our teams are rapidly innovating on providing smart solutions to help our customers manage the ever-growing infrastructure and application in their clouds.
Our goals are to pro-actively detect, surface up and auto-remediate problems before they hamper customer's applications! Through machine learning and data analytics, we hope to provide our customers self-managing data centers across clouds. High volume metrics, configurations, events and logs provide a rich data set for learning behavioral pattern across compute, storage, networks and applications. We provide our capabilities through traditional on-premises as well as cutting-edge SaaS solutions.
Are you an innovator and problem solver that loves working with new technologies? Do you want to be a part of a team that delivers high-quality products solving customer problems? Are you passionate about solving cloud management challenges across public, private and hybrid clouds? Are you willing to learn new technologies? If you answered yes to any of the above and thrive giving candid feedback while contributing to the development of new ideas and services, we are the team for you!
Your roles and responsibilities:
Your goal is to design, build and productionize workflows for our machine learning/analytics initiatives. In general, you will need to:
- Work with machine learning research teams to define the problem space and scope. Understand solutions, techniques and algorithms proposed by the research team.
- Design analytics pipeline to productionize algorithms. Analyze implications on performance, scalability, availability and observability.
Contribute code individually and/or lead other members of the team.
- Work across cross-functional and cross-geo boundaries to ensure alignment and sanity.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstrable experience designing scalable and highly available distributed systems
Proficiency in Java. Experience with multiple languages a plus
- Quality focus: Hands-on experience writing high coverage unit and integration tests
- Experience in building observability and self-monitoring constructs
- Strong sense of ownership and a 'buck stops here' mentality
- Prior experience working in geographically dispersed teams
Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability and willingness to participate in on-duty rotations and 2nd tier product support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in a technical role
Experience with Python, R or other Machine Learning languages would be a big plus
- Knowledge and hand-on experience with Machine Learning techniques and/or Data Analytics
- Experience is productizing Machine Learning algorithms and/or high-volume data processing
- Hands-on experience building SaaS systems
- Knowledge or experience with VMware products and technologies is highly desirable
Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top