Sr. MTS - Dev Java, Spring - Application Design and Development , Distributed Systems and Networking
- Pune, India
VMware is looking for Software Engineer to join our VMware's NSX team. NSX is a key component of VMware's software defined datacenter (SDDC) and allows our customers to build, host and deploy applications in their cloud.
You will design and implement the next generation of networking applications using your expertise in distributed systems, software technologies and open source tools to solve difficult customer use cases and delight them in the process. You will be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture. You will collaborate with cross functional teams on innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast-paced and technically driven environment.
We are interested in engineers who love building robust and scalable systems, We're looking for ideas and skills from every area of computer science, including distributed systems, large-scale system design, networking and security. We hire engineers who can tackle hard problems in new areas and help define new markets.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, implementation, documentation of system architecture initiatives and full product development life cycles.
- Collaborate with project team members and cross functional product teams to execute product goals.
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best.
- Innovate and coach others to innovate.
- Provide technical leadership to other team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion
- Formal degree in computer science or equivalent, masters' degree in computer science.
- 9+ years of experience in developing distributed, multi-tier enterprise applications, APIs.
- Fully participated as a technical lead in several major product development cycles.
- Solid background in design, OOP, object and data modeling
- Deep working knowledge of Java, Spring, Relational Database, NoSQL databases
- Experience in design and implementation of service interface and public APIs
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Virtualization technologies, centralized networking, security management are all big plus
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills.
We are bold, we are not afraid to question the status-quo. We promote innovation that disrupts industry. We embrace diversity and folks who think different. We dream big and we have the passion and drive to make those dreams a reality and have fun doing it!
VMware is an equal opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top