Sr Member of Technical Staff - VMC On AWS - SRE
- Bangalore, India
Join us and become a key contributor to cloud evolution at VMware. We are looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join our team whereby you will help build and ensure that VMware's highly successful SaaS product - VMware Cloud on AWS. It is built using a combination of industry-standard open-source solutions and internally developed applications and is backed by the Kubernetes eco-system running on public cloud providers.
As a SRE engineer you will provide service insight, response, and service management to maintain high service reliability with low touch through extensible services/platforms, standardized processes, data insights, and product input
- Maintain & manage availability of the VMware on AWS - SaaS Service platform with 99.99% uptime
- Conduct periodic on call duties as needed on a regular scheme basis.
- Expected to work in shift timings for 24/7 on call duties
- Use Container platforms such as Kubernetes for large scale deployment of microservices
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git,Gitlab/Github
- Conduct post-mortems to analyze and prevent repeat failures
- Prior SRE/Operation experience
- BE/MTech in Computer Science Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience of 6+ years
- Domain level understanding of Public/Private Cloud Infrastructure & Networking
- Experience in configuration, operation of VMware Products like vSphere, vSAN, NSX
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and scaling online services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Professional and open-minded attitude
- Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment
- Experience in On Call support for high priority incidents
- Proficient in a common scripting language: Bash, Python.
- Experience with VMWare vSphere
- Programming experience in Java
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric
- Experience with security in the cloud: Intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA Service Desk, PagerDuty
- Experience with Change Management processes and functions
- Experience with various data technologies including relational and non-relational databases and message queues
- Good working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Gerrit, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus, Artifactory, Selenium.
- Curious to learn new other coding languages and technologies as needed
- Handle seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation
- Identify, gather, analyze and automate responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top