Sr. Member of Technical Staff - SDET
- Pune, India
vRealize Network Insight (Arkin, recently acquired by VMware) is transforming security and network operations for the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). vRealize Network Insight removes the barriers to SDDC adoption by providing converged visibility, and contextual analytics across virtual and physical, an ability to implement next generation security models such as micro-segmentation, and by ensuring application uptime, while letting IT collaborate better. The platform helps IT organizations plan, operate, visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their complex software-defined data center environments. vRNI (Arkin) has won a lot of industry awards including Gartner cool vendor in 2016, and Best for VMworld for 2015, and 2016.
vRNI team is building a large scale distributed real time operations and analytics platform for next generation datacenters with enterprise grade reliability. You will work with a very talented team of peers on networking and security domain, distributed systems, REST API and enterprise workflow/security integrations that will leverage open source innovations. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from early feature concept design, product development to testing and validation at customer sites.
We are looking for passionate people with startup mindset who want to change the status quo. If you want the energy of a startup with all the perks of a public company, you should consider this opportunity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducting white-box/API testing, black-box, functional, stress testing activities
- Test automation and code coverage analysis
- Identify testability requirements in Network Insight product and drive the same with development team
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Communicate technical dependencies and concerns/issues of implementations effectively
- Run code coverage and provide coverage inputs to the development team
- Create and review test plans, test cases, and test specifications
- Design, develop and execute manual and automated tests
- Work with PM organization in associating requirements with customer use cases
- Work closely with VMware R&D; and other QA teams, to leverage existing test cases and test suites currently available for internal use
- Take initiative to improve products, tools, and process
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent from premier institutes.
- Experience with VMware vSphere Internals, APIs, VCP certification is a plus
- Experience with Networking technology, and APIs is added plus
- Experience in Web Services testing (REST /SOAP)
- Exposure to NightWatch.JS/Selenium
- Exposure to Bug Tracking Tools (viz., Jira) and Test management Tools (Viz., TestRail, HP QC) is a plus
- Experience in developing test frameworks and tools
- Manage activities to meet the delivery dates and report accurate, complete status
- Experience in using VMware products (viz., vSphere, NSX etc.) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience working with global teams highly desirable
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top