Sr. Member of Technical Staff
- Palo Alto, CA
The Monitor group is seeking a software engineer with a passion for test engineering and automation at all stages of software development. You will work closely with development team to participate in design reviews, test development as well as coordinate the smooth integration of feature delivery into the product and ship high quality VMware products. You will have the opportunity to work with leading edge CPU technology, interrupt virtualization, memory virtualization/management, and dynamic code instrumentation.
- Devise strategies to test from product specification and develop extensive test plans for functional and customer use cases
- Perform architectural and detailed design analysis using sound software test engineering methodology
- Increase overall automation of End-to-End testing, implement methods to reduce overall test times and increase test efficiency.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with , or a BS with a strong operating systems internals background with greater than 3 years of experience
- Experience in OS kernel internals, including memory management, resource management, and interrupt architecture
- Experience in x86 processor architecture
- Greater than two years of experience in designing and developing software using programming languages such as C, Java, and scripting language such as Python
- Two years of experience in performing architecture and design specification analysis to define test strategy, test plan, and test cases
- Experience in performing test coverage analysis (viz code coverage) to improve effectiveness of testing
- Experience in API fuzzing
- Experience in developing or testing I/O devices (such as network)
- Experience in x86 assembly programming
- Experience in kernel level code development, kernel performance analysis and optimization
This position is eligible for ProjectMonterey referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top