Sr. Manager, DevOps - Workspace ONE Intelligence
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- United States
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- New York, NY
- Portland, OR
- Austin, TX
- Denver, CO
- Chicago, IL
- Palo Alto, CA
Our team builds, deploys, and operates the SaaS service known as Workspace ONE Intelligence. Our goal is to transform the way customers interact with the digital workspace by providing analytics, data visualization, workflow automation, reporting, and other key functionality. You can find more information at https://www.vmware.com/products/workspace-one/intelligence.html.
We are passionate about rapidly developing high-quality software and applying automation and software engineering best practices to everything we do. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA. We work with the latest AWS technologies and open source components.
Our technology stack includes dockerized JAVA-based microservices and many AWS services including Lambda, Kinesis, Aurora, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Glue, and EMR/Spark.
As a member of the team, you'll have the opportunity to work with experienced and passionate software engineers across Atlanta, Bangalore, Palo Alto, and Sofia.
Our team is seeking a Sr. Manager, DevOps - a player-coach with strong development and communication skills. Your team will own key components of our deployment pipeline and operational infrastructure. You will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging, and performance tuning.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Providing technical leadership and direction for the team
- Promoting a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement, and engineering excellence
- Improving development practices and tooling
- Overseeing compliance and security programs
- Removing obstacles
- Teaching and mentoring
- Writing code ~30% of the time
- Recruiting and growing the team
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development using Ruby or Python
- Excellent system design and object-oriented design and development skills
- Extensive experience automating the deployment and ongoing operation of multi-region cloud services.
- Strong networking background (routing, switching, proxies, firewalls, DNS, etc.)
- General Unix or Linux expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Strong security background (PKI, WAF, scanners, firewalls)
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience with the Atlassian tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Experience with CloudFormation and the AWS API
- Experience using Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, or related technology.
- Experience with third-party identity, monitoring, and logging services (e.g., OneLogin, DataDog, SumoLogic, Pingdom).
- Experience with AWS ECS or EKS and containerization technologies such as Docker.
This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both requirements. This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware. The position is also contingent on passing an enhanced background check.
For positions located in Colorado: The base salary range is Min $139000 - $250000. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-1424
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top