Sr Java , Python Developer
VMware's world-class, award-winning R&D; team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D; team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D; team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries.
vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA) team is seeking a passionate, strong Lead Engineer to participate in the design and implementation of the next generation Common Appliance product that will lay the foundation of how appliances are constructed across the company.
As a senior technical member of the team, you will be expected to lead the team in the design, architecture and implementation of high quality, well-architected software products with specific focus on cloud, distributed systems, scalability, elasticity and SLA rollups into each component. In this role, you are expected to interact with Senior Architects, Product Managers, Solution Architects and occasionally, with Partners and customers to discuss and collaborate strategies for enhancing features and to come-up with the next generation products. Critical thinking and strong leadership skills is a must as the candidate will be involved in leading a team and making crucial road map decisions.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to deliver feature roadmap items on schedule with high quality.
- Lead sprint planning and daily scrum meetings.
- Collaborate in large-scale distributed systems design discussions.
- Employ test driven development practices as part of the development process.
- Ensure project clarity with all stakeholders and team members.
- 4 - 12 years of software development experience
- Bachelor of Engineering or Master degree in Computer Science/Electrical or Electronics is a must
- Experience of leading engineering teams technically
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, self-motivated individual
- Passion to build large scalable systems
- Design and Architecting large complex distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of data structures and programming
- Ability to think of various Algorithms, given a problem
- Strong development experience in C++/JAVA
- PYTHON/GOLANG is a plus
- Strong experience in Linux systems
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding about build systems, maven, make, ant etc. is a plus
- Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment software development practices
Good to have:
In-depth subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: databases, multi-threaded multi-core systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top