"Sr. Full Stack Engineer - Opportunity for Working remotely"
- Atlanta, GA
The world is in the midst of a transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees' digital behaviors. This is where we lead the way.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we run the world's largest Digital Workspace Platform - Workspace ONE. We build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees' digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Workspace ONE provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience.
Job Role and Responsibility
Our team is seeking a skilled engineer to own key features and components of our Workspace ONE platform. As such, you will be interfacing with product management, our UI/UX team, and other groups within engineering to define and deliver the required solutions. You will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning. Day-to-day activities include:
- Designing and developing SaaS microservices utilizing a variety of available managed services running on AWS or Azure.
- Unit testing
- Designing and implementing effective automation tests for our CI/CD pipeline
- Instrumenting your code to collect metrics for monitoring and supportability
- Addressing issues found in the CI pipeline or production
- Code reviews
- Guiding and coaching junior team members
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development using Java or C#
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Excellent system design and object-oriented design skills
- Experience with and solid understanding of SQL or NO-SQL datastores
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of "ownership" - the ability to determine what needs to be done and make it happen
- Passion for collaborative development and support of quality hosted software services
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix operating systems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with the Spring Framework or .Net
- Experience deploying a global service in AWS or Azure
- Experience with big-data technologies
- Experience working on live enterprise-grade scale services in the cloud
- Understanding of deployment issues in a complex environment (security, networking, load balancers, service dependencies, disaster recovery, etc.)
- Security and compliance consciousness
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices and tools
Note - "Applicants are not limited to the locations listed. Candidates may apply from anywhere within the US."
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top