Sr. Director of Product Management, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC
- Palo Alto, CA
Sr Director of Product Management, VMWare Cloud on Dell EMC
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With annual revenues of $10 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world. With 20,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities.
VMware is a place, where we are valued for the complete people, where extraordinary progress is achieved for ourselves, our teams, our company, our customers, and our communities - and where even more progress is desired and expected. VMware is a powerful platform for all of who we are - our authentic complete selves - a place where empowerment, accountability, and responsibility become the traits of ownership, and where each of us can own our future and achieve success through our own actions, on our terms.
Are you passionate about building great products and services? Are you excited innovate, launch and grow ground breaking new cloud services? We are looking for a Product Management leader for VMware Cloud on Dell EMC team. This offering was recently announced at Dell Technology World by VMW CEO Pat Gelsinger and Dell Vice Chairman Jeff Clarke, click here to learn more.
In this role, you will lead, grow and develop the product management team. You will define the vision, product strategy product roadmap for this service. This service offering touches aspects of cloud, data center, and edge markets and requires a deep understanding of infrastructure areas (compute, storage, networking) as well as software as-a-service delivery experience. This role also requires working cross functionally with Engineering, Marketing, Sales, SRE, Customer Success and many other functions within VMware and Dell EMC.
The role requires an individual with strong leadership, collaboration and entrepreneurial skills who can move fast, build and look for willingness to do what it takes to help grow the business while maintaining customer trust and make those tough tradeoffs to keep up in a high intensity environment. You will join a team that is changing the face of the infrastructure industry as we know it.
- Own the creation and execution of the overall product strategy and product roadmap for VMware Cloud on Dell EMC
- Strong ability to work effectively with VMWare and Dell EMC teams to drive the overall services
- Deep understanding of customer data centers, infrastructure, cloud and edge
- Ability to set hard priorities to ensure VMWare meets the needs of our customers while ensuring that our service operates with a high level of trust
- Ensures that engineering teams and architects are aligned around these sets of priorities
- Lead the product management team to develop new service capabilities to solve customer challenges and expand into new markets
- Develop, recruit and retain talented and high performing product management team
- Work collaboratively and effectively with engineering and user experience team develop new service capabilities that "just works" and to productize engineering innovation where appropriate
- Drive customer-centric mindset and approach, deliver service capability that "customer loves"
- Lead the competitive analysis, including prioritizing competitive analyses to identify key VMware business and technology advantages, reference architectures and technical guides.
- Strong ability to engage with product marketing, technical marketing VMware field and partners to enhance strong go-to-market motion.
- Act as a key company spokesperson for VMware Cloud on Dell EMC front of customers, partners, press, industry analysts.
- 15+ years of software industry with an ideal mix of product management, product marketing, strategy development and business development
- Proven track record of delivering successful enterprise software and SaaS offering
- Proven history of managing, recruiting, and developing high performing product management teams
- At least 5 years of experience in managing team of 10+ people
- Background in rapid SaaS delivery and working with agile teams, Customer Success, and SRE closely
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication and presentation skills characterized by clarity and brevity
- Strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions.
- Dynamic and engaging speaker at ease in front of audiences of all sizes and backgrounds
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of what's most important
- Provide leadership while never forgetting that you're a team player
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, MBA strongly desired.
- Willing to travel up to 25% time
- Palo Alto, CA
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top