Sr. Director, Experience Platform & Engineering - Remote
- Palo Alto, CA
The VMware Design team is looking for an experienced leader to lead our experience platform of engineering team. The team is responsible for cross-company platforms and teams including Developer Experience, Accessibility, Design Systems, and the Cloud Services User Interface teams.
This leader will help define the strategy of the experience platform team, work with cross-functional and operational teams across the company and own the quality of delivery impacting dozens of internal teams and hundreds of thousands of our customers and end users.
- An empathic leader who builds a psychologically safe environment for engineers, accessibility engineers, and designers to do their best work, collaborate together and with their cross functional team, and grow and learn.
- A passionate leader who has demonstrated their ability to lead platform teams that deliver across the organization and build solid platform that serve the need of multiple different product and service teams.
- Able to clearly articulate your vision, build a clear strategy, and drive execution across the organization while ensuring the quality and velocity of decision making and delivery.
- A leader who embraces accountability. Move fast, make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Managed large engineering and/or cross-functional teams (50+) working on multiple product lines before.
- Built the foundational pieces of process and structure for a platform team.
- Examples you can share on how you mentored and helped product designers grow within an organization.
Design at VMware
This position is within the VMware Design team.
We're a dedicated team that moves fast, upholds design quality, values consistency, and simplicity, and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me".
We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We're the organization to "get it done" together. We're not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together as a team and an organization. We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top