Sr Devops Engineer/SMTS
- Bangalore, India
Virtualization is at our core. With the rapid rise of cloud services and end-user expectations of access from anywhere, enterprises are struggling with how to enable their users to be productive and securely access their applications from any location on any device. Desktop and App Remoting is one of the key technologies that can bridge this divide by supporting any network connected device, while still giving IT the control they require. As part of the Virtual Workspace Services team, we deliver secure remote access to virtual desktops and apps while enabling end users to access them using a broad spectrum of computing devices. We are focused on the reduction of cost and complexity, while adding value to the IT customer as well as the end user. IDC, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and other market analysts rate this technology as a game changer in a high growth area over the next 5 years. When you choose VMware, you are choosing to be a part of that elite group of game changing talent. Join us in working towards transforming computing, and moreover, changing the way business is done.
VMware Horizon Cloud delivers virtual Desktops and Applications as a Service to enterprises.
As a DevOps engineer, you will be a key member of the desktop cloud team at VMware responsible for leading the overall cloud Infrastructure for the Horizon Cloud service. You will work cross functionally with SRE, architecture, core development, QE, and product management to ensure alignment, awareness, and consistency throughout the organization. The role requires familiarity with current DevOps practices including CI/CD, automation, infrastructure orchestration, and cloud service delivery.
You have a background in software development with a strong operational discipline particularly in compliance and security. You are a highly motivated individual who is willing to pursue meaningful initiatives and is capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
- Design and implement solutions driven by FedRAMP compliance requirements
- Design, build, and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools to deliver the Horizon Cloud Service
- Design and Develop test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance, operability, and security in mind
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby etc.
- Experience in FedRAMP compliance controls
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD processes for enterprise SaaS and on-prem applications using tools like Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Expertise in Linux System Admin and Bash Scripting
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Fabric, Puppet or SaltStack
- Hands-on experience in building and administering VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes.
- Experience in crafting and maintaining cloud based solutions with Azure
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring technologies such as Nagios, Log Insight and Datadog
"This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements"
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top