Sr. Data Engineer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware, the global leader in virtualisation and cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery.
We are looking for an agile, self-driven, communicative candidate to take on the role of Sr. Data Engineer in VMware's Product Analytics team. The person will assist with the development of our data pipeline and Master Product data base, integrating data from various sources and ensuring data quality. As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will work closely with business owners to understand the business need and cooperate with BI reporting specialists and data scientists to answer pressing business questions or deliver data driven applications. You should be comfortable working in dynamic environment supporting multiple teams and delivering data and business reports.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Understand business questions and needs and discover various data sources to fit those requirements.
- Build and maintain a Product Master data source
- Data wrangling - integrate data sources coming from different products, restructure columns, clean bad data, standardize data fields and types, ultimately increase data quality and usability.
- Protect data integrity and accuracy. Perform root cause analysis of issues that hinder the data quality. Work with data source owner to increase quality and accuracy of the source data.
- Ensure the data is available and up-to-date 24/7 by building automated validation scripts to monitor the data pipeline.
- Help data consumers to correctly understand and use the data.
- Identify gaps in E2E data processing pipeline, propose and implement solutions to address those gaps
- Build reports in response to specific business questions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Economics, Engineering or relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in data processing position, working with large data sets, developing ETL jobs, etc.
- Experience with relational data bases. Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with scripting - Python, Bash.
- Experience with visualization tools - Tableau, Crystal Reports etc.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English
- Experience with Hadoop tools - Hive, HDFS, Spark, Impala, InfluxDB.
- Experience with Data Wrangling, Data Management tools - Informatica, Trifacta, Talend etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms and more specifically AWS - Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis.
- Experience with Database or Linux system administration.
You will be part of newly forming team of data engineers, analys. You will have dynamic daily duties and task as working with multiple partners among VMware R&D and operations teams. Have the freedom to choose your own toolbox to tackle problems.
VMware software powers the world's complex digital infrastructure. The company's compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners.
With 2017 revenues of over $7 billion, VMware has 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. VMware is one of the top Fortune's top 100 best companies to work for. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
Don't Delay, Join today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top