Sr. Consultant – VMware EUC PSO
- Bogota, Colombia
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Why work for VMware PSO?
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. We are dedicated to the satisfaction and success of our customers and their Software-Defined Datacenter (SDDC) strategy. We ensure that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning software-defined datacenter.
We are committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest echnologies. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
Sr. Consultant - VMware EUC PSO
Sr. Consultants are experienced IT professionals that guide customers through their journey of assessing needs and implementing powerful end user computing solutions. Prospective candidates must be self-motivated, charismatic individuals that are willing to travel an average of four days/three nights per week. VMware PSO EUC Sr. Consultants work in very dynamic situations that present new, never before seen business and technical challenges on a regular basis. Ideal candidates possess several years of enterprise IT consulting experience and a deep technical skill set covering VMware's virtualization and EUC product portfolio.
• 10+ years of experience in information technology
• 5+ years of customer-facing professional services or IT consulting experience
• Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
• Strong VMware vSphere experience
• Strong Windows desktop OS administration experience
• VMware Cloud Solutions experience - a plus
• VMware App Volumes experience - a plus
• VMware EUM experience - a plus
• VMware Workspace/vIDM experience - a plus
• vRealize Operations experience - a plus
• vSphere & Windows based scripting/automation experience - a plus
• Horizon View design and implementation experience in enterprise environments
• Enterprise desktop and application assessment experience - strongly preferred
• Non-VMware desktop virtualization solution experience (Citrix, etc) - a plus
• Linux OS administration experience - a plus
• Networking experience in virtualization environments - a plus
• Storage experience in virtualization environments - a plus
• Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.) - a plus
• MCSE - a plus
• VCP/VCPDT strongly preferred
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training & experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Professionally represent VMware and uphold our EPIC2 corporate values at all times
• Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware EUC product portfolio
• Maintain deep areas of subject matter expertise as assigned by the practice manager
• Become a trusted advisor to both colleagues and customers
• Conduct complex VMware EUC centric professional services engagements per VMware's consulting methodology
• Work closely with customers to understand their needs and objectives
• Provide regular transfer of information presentations to customers
• Design VMware EUC solutions in a timely and effective manner
• Thoroughly document customer engagements using both standard, reusable VMware delivery IP, and custom artifacts
• Weekly international travel, primarily in Northern countries of Latam
• Provide regular feedback to management for process and practice improvements
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top