Sourcing Specialist - China (contract)
- Beijing, China
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist
VMware is looking for a Sourcing Specialist to join our expanding recruiting team, focusing on sourcing diverse talent. We have an in-house strategic sourcing team who proactively support the recruiting function. For us, talent readiness is a top priority, so we are searching for someone who understands the challenges we face daily in hiring the top talent within our industry. As an inclusive employer, we are committed to having a workforce that represents society and actively engage with talent that may not have historically been represented in our industry. You will be part of a Global, forward thinking, collaborative TA team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Flexible resource capable of various types of pipelining, research and candidate generation
- Focused primarily on passive, external candidate generation
- Accountable for delivery of high volumes of candidates
- Build under-represented talent pipelines through online sourcing, events, and sourcing campaigns
- Partner with recruiters to support and execute new initiatives to source and attract diverse talent
- Map out potential markets to understand where external talent pools exist and work collaboratively with the TA team to execute on diversity sourcing initiatives to tap into those talent pools
- Use different social media platforms to build awareness of VMware as an inclusive employer
- Creating detailed sourcing plans that include candidate or outcome delivery commitments/estimates (focused on time and quantity) for each project
- Accurate capture of sourcing metrics and the analysis and utilization of that data to produce improved ROI for candidate engagement activities
- Perform 'on demand' talent pool research and data analysis designed to meet requested business requirements
- Cultivate individuals and pools of talent in efforts to build pipelines for future needs
- Conduct compact, focused candidate screens and subsequent delivery of relevant candidate information for consumption by Recruiters and Hiring Managers
- Build strong partnerships with Recruiters and Stakeholders within the business where they are engaged
- Gain a clear understanding of the relevant organizational structure they're supporting and talent generation implications
- Previous Research/Sourcing experience, preferably within a corporate environment
- User experience and knowledge of internet sourcing tools & techniques
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work well with metrics, numbers and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong professional working relationship with internal business units
Drive Operational Excellence via consistent and appropriate use of Workday Recruiting for candidate and data entry, creation and utilization of sourcing plans and detailed analysis designed to improve ROI of candidate generation activities over time.
Utilize available tools and trainings (Sourcing Specialist Cross Training, Mentoring) to flexibly deliver world class candidate generation and research across different businesses, roles and geographies.
Driven to Deliver
Ability to consistently exceed expectations around quantity of candidates, quality of candidates, impact of pipelines and research and to analyze and improve outcomes and process.
Intense intellectual curiosity that motivates to learn more about talent pools, talent trends, immediate and emerging needs and business objectives. Inquisitive about candidate discovery, engagement and assessment tools, emergent trends, technologies and processes.
Connecting dots. Skillfully gathering data, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information and in turn utilizing that analysis to make decisions or recommendations regarding talent pools, campaigns and projects.
Be a change agent. Model a positive and willing attitude by effectively responding to diverse challenges and demands. Different hiring scenarios will require different sourcing solutions and it will be important to identify and embrace the customer's (Staffing Managers) needs to deliver the best possible solution in each situation.
Building rapport with Talent Acquisition stakeholders based upon aligning against current and future talent and research needs and delivering against those commitments.
Think broadly. Be a model for proactively working across boundaries; identify silos and solutions to break down barriers.
Proactively communicate up, down, across and outbound. Awareness of all key stakeholders and communication needs. Ensure TA shows up as one team in all communications. Identify and utilize verbiage designed to deliver optimum results from candidates.
Have a deep understanding of the client's business, including strategic direction, priorities and goals and translating that to the relevant candidates and candidate pools.
Ability to connect with candidates, establish trust and utilize strong relationships to deliver optimum outcomes to all stakeholders including candidates, T.A. and hiring teams.
Identify, Initiate and cultivate mutually beneficial key working relationships within T.A. and with talent.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top