Solutions Architect - Compliance and Validation - Tanzu Foundation Services
- Chicago, IL
Why might you be interested in this new opportunity?
You are passionate about working on the fastest-growing Kubernetes technology on a collaborative and high performing team. You enjoy taking an ever-changing mix of products/platforms and combining them together into reference solution architectures that will meet the stringent compliance requirements of VMware's largest, most complex customers. You enjoy interacting with sales and services team members to accelerate, automate and simplify customers' compliance efforts with VMware's Kubernetes and developer-focused platforms.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
VMware's Modern Applications R&D Business Unit is looking for talented solution engineers to design compliant reference architectures to be leveraged by customers who deploy our developer-focused Kubernetes platforms and solutions for their critical production workloads.
What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Develop reference architectures that meet the requirements of the FISMA, PCI-DSS, and HITRUST compliance frameworks for the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid line of products.
- Partner with technical writers to document the details on how the solution meets each control in the compliance target and producing a sample Body of Evidence (BOE) for a full Federal Authority to Operate (ATO) package.
Update and improve the reference architecture as the products evolve, new products are added, and as new compliance frameworks are added.
- Work collaboratively with the sales, services, and product development teams to identify product enhancements or add-on capabilities needed to overcome compliance gaps, or to simplify/enhance the customers' experience when achieving their required compliance targets.
- Deploying VMware products, partner products, and open-source software to multiple infrastructure environments (vSphere, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and integrating them into complete, production-ready solutions that meet stringent compliance requirements.
- Writing scripts, automation tooling, and other technical tools along with documentation to help customers deploy the reference architecture in their environment.
Collaborate daily with your teammates and technical writers using a variety of tools including Slack, Zoom, Teams, and Outlook.
- Interact directly with customers along with sales and services teams to collect feedback on the reference architectures, identify improvements, and set priorities for additional compliance targets for which a reference architecture and the associated documentation is needed.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, training, course work, etc.)
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top