Software Engineering Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
The Hyperconverged Infrastructure Business Unit (HCIBU) is growing with high double digits growth annually. Our solutions, VMware Cloud Foundation and HCI/vSAN are the cornerstones for the majority of Fortune 1000 in their Digital Transformation and Cloud journey. HCIBU is keen on sustainable growth and is in search of an engineering leader who is passionate about making our products from early stage to maturity, solving some of the most complex and strategic business questions, and turning strategy into results. This role is based in VMware HQ out of Palo Alto, CA.The candidate should have a proven track record for building great teams and products and have a history of enterprise software development.
vSAN is consistently growing in double digit for last many years reaching to $1B in revenue. Even after growing that rapidly, the core File System team is still small team of highly motivated and talented engineers who operate in fast pace/startup like environment to solve complex problems in distributed systems, storage and IO performance.
If you are passionate about file systems, storage and distributed systems and want to make an impact to grow vSAN from $1B to $3B in next few years, join this team!Responsibilities:
- Lead, grow and motivate a globally distributed, world-class software development team
- Participate in strategic planning and management for product portfolios, investment, resources, product releases, etc.
- Work with product management, product marketing, partners & customers in the development of product roadmap, product requirements, in new product offerings or functionality, as well as improving existing products and services
- Transform the organization and the software development process from delivering software only to delivering enterprise software and cloud services
- Drive high quality and on-time delivery of products throughout the software development lifecycleRequirements:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5-8 years technology experience in a software development related role, and deep knowledge of software development methodologies including Agile
- 1-2 years management experience REQUIRED, with experience of leading software engineering team
- Previously demonstrable hands-on experience working with C/C++ and system programming are REQUIRED.
- Proven experience in delivering enterprise-class, production quality, highly available & highly scalable software or services.
- Domain expertise in storage technologies, and distributed systems is highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to broadly influence and collaborate with a broad set of business, engineering and operation functionshttp://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/solutions/VMware-Perspective-on-software-defined-storage-white-paper.pdf
This position is eligible for the JoinHCI referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top