Software engineer with Python - Developer Relations team, Security BU
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, youhave the opportunity tomake an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success.
We're looking for Software Engineers to join theDeveloper Relations team that enables customers to integrate theCarbon Black Cloudproducts into their environment.The Developer Relations team enables customers to do more with VMware Carbon Black bybuilding integrations, promoting API usage and cultivating a thriving ecosystem of developers. The starting point for engineers wanting to integrate their product or environment with Carbon Black Cloudis the Developer Network (https://developer.carbonblack.com/).
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to development of new integrations for strategic partnerships between VMware Carbon Black and other products
- Contribute to the development of the Carbon Black Python Bindings, a library that enables use of the APIs through a pythonlibrary
- Build example code of how to use the APIs in interesting ways
- Engage with the developer community that uses Carbon Black Cloud APIs and Integrations to influence the direction of integration development
- Contribute to product direction in design discussions.
- Contribute toteam initiatives to drive quality engineering practices
- Review and guide development of Restful APIs
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Proactively move the technology base to use the latest tools and frameworks for bestperformance;considering costs and scale.
- Collaborate withproduct management,engineering and customer facing teamsto deliver the right solutions.
- Support existingintegrations.
What You'll Bring:
- Passion for software development as a craft and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment where the focus is on value delivered, not tasks completed
- 4+years experiencein designing and delivering commercial software products.
- Expertlevel expertise programming in Python languageand automated build pipelines
- Demonstrated aptitude in quickly mastering new languages,technologiesand existing code bases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
There are several roles availableand the team is growing in multiple countries.While allrolesrequire hands onsoftware engineeringcompetency,we are looking for a mix ofcomplementaryskillsto grow theteamto includestrongtechnicalexpertise, quality engineeringexperience such as pipeline and automation skills, and customer facingaspectssuch asability toengagewith product management anddeliverdeveloper focusedinformation.
We encourage applicants tohighlight in their applicationwhat they would bring to the Carbon Black Developer Relationsteam and why it's an exciting opportunity.
JoinCarbonBlackSofia referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top