- Sofia, Bulgaria
As a Software Engineer in the VMware Engineering Services (VES) Cloud Management team, you will build and operate cloud management and security services across multiple public and private clouds. You will tackle a variety of business, infrastructure security and application challenges in a complex ecosystem. You will collaborate with many teams across all disciplines. These teams will look to you for support and guidance on how to build and operate complex services.
Success in this role requires very strong technical skills, a broad background and understanding of every layer of the software development and cloud ecosystem and excellent understanding of the cloud and container management stacks. You should be comfortable working independently and as part of a specialized team.
- Develop and operate performant, scalable software services
- Actively engage in design reviews, code reviews and operational reviews
- Perform proactive troubleshooting & performance analysis of cloud services and cloud environments
- Produce quality code by writing automated tests. We believe in being responsible for the quality of our code.
- Interact with other SaaS teams to gather requirements, perform analysis and determine appropriate solutions
- Participate in the monthly rotational on-call
- 1-3 years of experience in at least one of the following programming languages - Node JS, TypeScript, Python, Go, Java
- Experience with one of the public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with object and functional oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management
- Proficient in Linux/Unix based systems
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with running SaaS production services at scale
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality .
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top