- Sofia, Bulgaria
The Skyline engineering group is looking for talented software engineers to grow our platform engineering team. This work will play a key part in transforming our customers' user experience by using data to build a more personalized approach to providing prescriptive best practices, resolving technical issues and predicting imminent issues before they occur. If you like working with big data or creating robust services around that data, this job may be for you!
Our software includes on-premise data collection along with a backend data services layer, built using a combination of Java and Python and designed to be highly modular with non-disruptive updates. Members of the platform engineering team should be familiar with the collection of data at scale, graph data structures, creation/interaction with RESTful API services and the considerations and tradeoffs that need to be made for high volume/high frequency data and transportation systems. Engineers should have experience with developing enterprise software that could handle sensitive information and all the legal, security and risk considerations that are applicable. Well-qualified candidates should also understand the concepts of continuous deployment pipelines built with robust, automated testing and orchestration.
• Create the next generation of VMware data collection and analytics, focusing on getting the right kinds of data collected and the right kinds of services built to use that data in a meaningful way;
• Design a software within a transparent, agile model, with a strong understanding of the levels of communication and rigor required to build software iteratively;
• Develop flexible software that can be shared across multiple components, both through contribution to common libraries and in building RESTful services to be consumed by other areas of the platform;
• Solve data collection and transportation issues commonly encountered in large scale enterprise deployments;
• Ownership of quality, scalability and stability of created code;
• Perform and receive code reviews within the team to consistently increase our collective skills and codebase;
• Consistently think about new ways to make better software, bringing in new ideas from outside and applying them to the problems we are solving;
• Designs solutions to large complex features/problems;
• Engineering pager duty rotation as development contact for our internal support teams (not direct customer support);
• Knowledge of containers, micro-services and cloud native application development;
• Experience with analysis and design of complex hybrid solutions (on premise & cloud);
• Has strong technical knowledge in Java 8, Spring Boot/Cloud 2.0;
• Has solid understanding and hands-on experience with API Gateways like Netflix Zuul or AWS, Eureka or other Service Discovery, AWS Lambda Functions and PaaS such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry;
• Experience with MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ/Kafka, Jenkins will be considered as advantage;
• Fluently works with design patterns and applies where and when necessary;
• Being familiar with source control systems like GIT;
• Previous experience with mentoring junior team members is a plus as well as encouraging team work;
• Fluent in English;
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top