- Beijing, China
Software Engineer - VMware Workstation/Fusion, Beijing
VMware Workstation is the first product delivered by VMware, Workstation and Fusion are still the most popular and reliable hosted hypervisor that runs on Windows, Linux and macOS platform. Starting from 2016, the entire engineering team of Workstation and Fusion product had been moved to China. The team is looking for developers to continue the product and re-invent for future.
At this team, you will have best opportunity to learn and grow by working with top virtualization professionals around the world. You will be able to define vision for Workstation and Fusion. You can own the development full cycle for feature design, implementation and automation testing. You will be able to learn and practice full stack knowledge around virtualization. You are also in the best position to learn and participate in new initiatives within VMware.
• Define requirement of new feature and new release
• Design, implement and automate test on Workstation and Fusion product
• Profile and optimize software performance
• Communicate and coordinate with global R&D teams for cross team features or issues
• Ship high quality product and support millions of customer around the world
• C/C++ on Windows, Linux or Objective C on macOS is a must-have
• Knowledge and experience with virtualization is a plus
• Knowledge and experience with Docker/Kubernetes is a plus
• Excellent written and good verbal communication skills in English
• Quick learning, creative thinking and strong analytical skills
• BSCS, MSCS or equivalent Pluses
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top