Exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer in our Blockchain Engineering team. You will beworking with a team of engineersdedicated to making the VMware Blockchain Platform the dominant Enterprise Blockchainsolution, as well as makingsignificant contributionsto the design, development and operation ofservice.
At VMware, we are building an Enterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector.
You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware's Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2 values.
Are you readyfor your next great challengewith the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
- Work with a team of engineers to providedeployment, management and monitoring of Blockchainsboth onpremisesand to different cloud providers.
- Participate in all phases of the software development process in a DevOps model
- Working with an agile team,provide detailed scheduled estimates for development efforts.
- Collaborate with other technical leaders in the larger organization to deliver and maintain the enterprise class software product
- Help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to help guide the evolution of our platform
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on high-availability services at scale.
- Significant development experience with Java 8+.
- Experience with Spring Boot 2.x preferred.
- Experience designing API first software (Swagger)
- Knowledge or experience in API's integration SOA: REST Webservices, SSO implementation (SAML, OAuth)
- Knowledge in VMware products, specifically Cloud related solutions such as: vSphere,vCenter,ESXi/ESX or contending cloud solutions and products preferred.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Mercurial/ SVN
- Expertise with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools
- Deep understanding of distributed computing concepts in practice
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands.
Who you are:
- Self Starter - Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills with a "Team First" mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- "Growth" mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years experience in an equivalent role
- MS/BS in CS/EEor equivalent
This position is eligible for JoinOCTO referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.