- Bangalore, India
VMware's DEM ( Dynamic Environment Manager) team seeks an experienced C++ developer to help us improve and evolve our personalization and customization product for Windows Desktops.
Dynamic Environment Manager offers personalization and dynamic policy configuration across any virtual, physical and cloud-based Windows desktop environment, and is a key component of JMP - the next generation of desktop and application delivery. This focused, powerful and scalable solution is engineered to deliver workplace productivity while driving down the cost of day-to-day desktop support and operations.
Job Role and Responsibility
In a typical day you will
- Develop in Windows user-mode
- Develop a test automation framework
- Provide accurate engineering estimates
- Implement solutions for personalization and dynamic policy configuration using test-driven design with 100% code coverage
- Read and review code from other developers to reduce bugs, improve implementations, and expand your knowledge
- Participate in the Agile Scrum process and attend stand-up, planning, grooming, review, and retrospective meetings
- Work with technical writers and support
- Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree, or equivalent with at least 5+ years of experience in system software design and/or development on Windows
- C# and .Net along with C/C++
- Experience with Test Automation
- A solid understanding of Windows Systems Administration
Highly desirable skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system architecture, memory management mechanism, synchronization and file systems.
- Knowledge of virtualization is helpful
- Familiarity with Windows Profiles
- Experience with coded UI platform for automation.
- Jenkins knowledge
- Python and PowerShell knowledge
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top