Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Working in Log Insight Engineering Services and Operations team you will be engaged in various tasks and activities such as automating upgrades and deployments, running and evaluating certification tests, monitoring Log Insight instances, optimizing and enhancing the CI/CD pipeline, and ensuring the highest quality of Log Insight features.
This position provides a unique opportunity to grow your career by deepening your knowledge around distributed application monitoring and troubleshooting, alerting, CI/CD orchestration, automation and cross-team collaboration with RnD.
If you are passionate about automation, efficiency, quality, and if you like being challenged, then you will feel right at home.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Within 30 days of employment, become competent with VMware virtualization, and VMware's logging solution - Log Insight. You will work closely with the team members to learn about the tasks and areas they are working on. You will also learn about major VMware products such as vSphere, vROps, and others.
- Within 60-120 days of employment, you will be automating deployment, upgrade, configuration and monitoring of Log Insight clusters. You will become responsible for running and validating certification tests. You will work with Log Insight RnD engineers to own and become responsible for feature(s) which will be delivered in the next release.
- Within 180-360 days you will own Log Insight's CI/CD pipeline and be responsible for the pipeline's monitoring, optimization and troubleshooting.
What type of work will you be doing?
Your regular activities may be modified to suit your professional strengths, but you can expect a variety of the following assignments:
- Automation of deployment, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of Log Insight clusters.
- Execution and validation of certification tests.
- Enhancement and monitoring of Log Insight's CI/CD pipeline.
- Feature(s) ownership and the feature(s) manual and automated validation.
- Validation of issues submitted internally or by the customer and fixed by the RnD
- Zoom, live debugging of customer reported issues from A-to-Z.
What is the leadership like for this role?
The hiring manager for this role is Samvel Israelyan, leading the vRLI Engineering Services and Operations team in Yerevan, Armenia. He has been with VMware for more than 7 years now, and has been in the industry since 2005.
You will be joining a passionate team of individuals who will always be there to help you succeed in your new role and make sure that you feel like a full member of our awesome team from day one.
The whole VMware team (Armenia and other locations) is there to help you grow professionally and push you to exceed your limits.
Where is this role located?
This is an on-site role, with a possibility of working from home a few days a week. However for new hires it is advised to visit office to ensure faster and a more effective onboarding process.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
VMware offers a competitive and a comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Annual bonus plan
- Medical coverage for your family
- Generous time off program
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Wellness reimbursement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.