- Yerevan, Armenia
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering, and you love solving problems and learning new things. You like technical challenges and learning new technologies. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment with engineers passionate about the quality of the products their teams release. With VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront, you will get to work on automating processes and testing of a leading observability platform built for enterprises in the cloud era. You will work on a cutting edge SaaS product that is used 24/7 by development and site-reliability teams at leading enterprises such as Lyft, Doordash, Reddit, Snowflake, Intuit, Box, Workday, and many more.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
Our team is expanding. We need someone who can help to plan, coordinate and manage the delivery of the releases with quality. This includes automation of build and release processes, CICD pipelines, test automation for End to End scenarios, performance and scale testing for existing and emerging product components.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Success in this role in the first 6-12 months would include
- Becoming an expert in Tanzu Observability by Wavefront - learning the product architecture as well as from a customer perspective
- Provide CI pipeline enablement and support for the emerging products and services
- Contribute to the Test automation for various areas of the product (API, End to End, Performance)
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- You will be working on automating build and release processes for Maven based products, and building automation to release open source artifacts
- You will be developing CI pipelines
- You will automate repetitive tasks for build, release and deployment to improve engineering productivity
- You will automate API and End to End scenarios for existing and new product features
- You will developing test frameworks using your favorite programming languages/technologies like Python, Java, Protractor
- You will build tools to benchmark the performance of the key platform components.
- You will support our scale testing infrastructure with automation for K8s, AWS, GCE, or Azure
We know from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. Please apply regardless of your self-assessment -- we want to hear from you! We have seen engineers succeed with a diverse range of skills and experiences.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for the role is Hovhannes Bolibekyan, Engineering Manager, MAPBU. He has been with VMware since 2010, last 3 years managing the TO Engineering Services and Operations team in Armenia. Prior to that he was part of the Integrien team acquired by VMware.
The team consists of 6 engineers working closely with developers, project managers and offshore teams.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top