Software Developer (NCG)- Platform Management Infrastructure
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
Business Summary: VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU) R&D organization is responsible for vSphere, our Core Virtualization Infrastructure, and Solutions for Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud initiatives. The Platform Management Infrastructure (PMI) team as part of CPBU, designs and implements programming interfaces and frameworks that allow administrators to control and configure guest operating systems and develop software such as VMware Tools running inside of a virtual machine. As a member of our team, you will architect, design and build software to manage and interact with operating systems (such as Windows, Linux, Mac), virtual machines and containers. You will develop system software to enable higher level applications to perform operations inside these operating systems. You would work in an environment where innovation is fostered and encouraged.
Do you see yourself at VMware doing great work in a team that will shift you into the next steps of your career? Then come join the Platform Management Infrastructure team and be a part of a team that will help build out the next stage of your career journey.
As a new graduate at VMware, you'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You'll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world-class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing infrastructure for controlling, communicating with, and configuring operating systems, containers and VMware software running inside a virtual machine.
- Building frameworks and components for managing and interacting with the virtual machine and containers.
- Designing and developing vSphere APIs along with their underlying implementation.
- Developing tests and collaborating with the QE engineers to ensure software testability, stability, and quality.
- Working with the technical publications team to ensure high-quality documentation of the product and its APIs.
- Interacting with other product teams both within VMware and our partners, customer support organization and the release team.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent degree and experience.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++.
- Knowledge in Python, shell, or other scripting languages.
- Exposure to systems level programming and understanding of system internals.
- School and/or industry projects involving significant design and development.
- Must be motivated, detail-oriented, and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and passion for your work.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Comfortable working in teamwork focused environments.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior internship experience is desirable.
- Cross-platform experience is desirable.
- Design skills and unit/integration testing experience is desirable.
- Experience developing user space and kernel modules.
"This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware."
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top