SMB Renewals Account Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
Title: SMB Renewals Account Manager
Language: Japanese & English
As a SMB Renewals Sales - you are responsible for managing high value and complex License renewals agreement across VMware's largest and most strategic customers.
You will be responsible for driving high retention rates across renewals in addition to leveraging the renewal event to increase the net new license attach rate by cross sell and upsell VMware's emerging technologies and adding new services.
The Renewal Account Manager will be required to work with cross functional departments such as license sales, global support org & Revenue to ensure alignment and to drive increased customer success and adoption.
Success will come from forging strategic relationships with field sales, working smart, looking for consolidations and upsell opportunities plus using entitlement analytics and deployment assessment to enable and accelerate the sales process. It's also important to educate the field on how a renewal event can drive a net new Enterprise Agreement for VMware.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to manage the Japan region who will answer customer inquiries, identify opportunities and help the facilitation of closing deals. You will be empowered to negotiate renewals and ELAs (Enterprise License Agreements) to protect the Install Base and to ensure we get the best deal for the customer and VMware.
What You'll Do - Main Responsibilities
- Drive high retention rates for transaction renewals
- Increase the net new license attach rate by cross sell and upsell VMware's emerging technologies
- Software license compliance - Ensure customers are aligned with the terms and condition of its VMWare software agreement(s), through deployment assessment and entitlement research
- Forge strategic relationships with field sales including educating the field sales team on how renewal events can influence net new sales for VMware.
- Working very closely with the Channel community (2 tier channel model)
- Meeting some customers & channel partners face to face
What You Need to Succeed (Basic Qualifications)
- Minimum 4 years of proven experience in a quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement.
- Ability to negotiate complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations.
- Ability to understand renewals Opportunities data & compile, proactively work with both VMware field account executives and customers to achieve on time renewals of VMware Support and subscription.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as a team and self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction.
Additional Requirements (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience in renewal Sales, or related field
- Exceptional communication skills (English written and verbal)
- Demonstrated excellence in conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to rapidly assess a problem, define options, evaluate and execute to address critical business issues.
- Attention to detail, a commitment to quality and be result driven and customer focused.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top