SLED EUC Regional Sales Director East
- New York, NY
The Regional Director SLED EUC Sales East will lead a team of Sales Specialists supporting VMware's SLED East Accounts segment. You will lead a sales team to achieve a bookings quota and will refine and own the sales engagement and forecasting processes. You will be responsible for mentoring the team of sales professionals to achieve or (or ideally over-achieve) the target quota. The EUC sales team is a Solution Specialist team so you will coordinate and work closely with VMware's Core Field and Partner organizations to achieve success and manage interactions with our existing customers.
Our EUC solution set is viewed as a 'platform' that will improve a company's end users productivity and provide new ways of approaching customers to increase revenue and improve security while mitigating excessive costs. Our platform will allow users to access any application from any cloud from any device.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Accountable for achieving VMware's bookings targets for End User Computing (Workspace ONE and Horizon) portfolio of products and services within State and Local Government (SLG), High Education (HED) and K-12 in the eastern US.
• Acts as a business partner with functional leaders in: Finance, Sales Operations, Legal Sales Operations, Global Support Services, Renewals, Pre-Sales Systems Engineering, Professional Services and Human Resources.
• Collaborate with your team to roll up a weekly and quarterly forecast with monthly updates to provide visibility to the sales pipeline status as well as upside or downside risks to achieving target bookings.
• Identify best opportunities to pursue and Sales Best Practices we can replicate in selling to Enterprise Accounts.
• Collaborate and build positive relationships with Core Field and Partners to ensure most effective sales coverage and efficient engagement with customers.
• Be Operationally Excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, account planning, hiring, performance management, collaboration with core and customer partnerships.
• Engage with End User Computing Business Unit and other key business leaders to align on business goals and provide feedback on what will be required for successful execution against our bookings targets.
• Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
• Able to work across functional groups & individuals to achieve desired results.
• Engage with the Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing excellent support and improve their contributions to achieving bookings and pipeline goals.
• Accountable for revenue and bookings while reducing discounts.
• Ability to evolve and develop the overall sales strategy and model for cloud based services.
• Manage Travel, Expense and Headcount budget to improve Rep productivity.
• 8+ years of IT industry and Enterprise software experience in vertical areas
• Extensive sales management experience in the SLED market with strong connections
• Strong knowledge and experience in the VDI, EMM, Identity Access and Application Virtualization space
• Experience in leadership roles in developing and leading new sales organizations.
• Experience with new product introductions
• Strong leadership and Customer Relationship skills
• Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to you and all employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for differently abled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
This position is eligible for the JoinEUCSales Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top