Site Reliability Engineer
- Pune, India
Site Reliability Engineer
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You'll design, build, and maintain internally critical and externally-visible systems in the cloud while ensuring uptime, scale, and performance is met appropriate to our end users' needs. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, collaborative group, you'll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You'll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you'll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
What You'll Do
- Share responsibility for health, scalability and availability of our cloud services
- Maintain the delicate balance between quality, speed, user experience and customer expectations in a 24x7 operations environment
- Automate deployment of AWS of infrastructure and services
- Participate in on-call rotation for production issues
- Work with the team to ensure cloud architecture meets scalability, availability and cost requirements
- Follow good operational practices such as the creation of incident tickets along with maintaining documentation as needed
What You'll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or related fields
- 3-5 years of experience managing cloud infrastructure, preferably with AWS running hundreds of EC2 instances
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with technical operations and software development support that worked on enterprise scale, mission critical, highly available Linux systems
- Experience working with configuration management tools and cloud management automation such as AWS Cloud Formation, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Working knowledge of monitoring such as AWS CloudWatch, Splunk, Grafana, InfluxDB, PagerDuty, Statuscake
- Good understanding of web services, databases and related infrastructure such as Solr, Postgsql, Nginx, Git
- Ability to manage using a modern scripting language. Python and Bash are prefered.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and take specific instruction, switching as required
- Knowledge of AWS APIs and Jira/Confluence a plus
- Security Experience a plus
- Linux experience
- AWS - EC2, EBS, S3, Route53
- Python - beginning/intermediate level
Nice to have
JoinCarbonBlackPune referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top