The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity ?
While working with Cloud Operations Team you will be engaged with cutting edge designing, implementation, problem-solving, troubleshooting and automating day-to-day tasks. Your work will also involve solving many challenging engineering problems in a large-scale internal private cloud. If you are passionate about writing code that solves real-life problems and not afraid of learning top of the line technologies, then this is the right opportunity for you.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Within the first 30 days of employment, you will get trained on the internal private cloud design and become aware of the internal processes.
- Within the first 60 days you will become familiar with the software stack used for running internal private cloud including but not limited to vShpere, NSX-T, VCD, VMware Tanzu K8S cluster.
- Within the first 120 days you will get familiar and will be contributing to internal private cloud operations management frameworks: H2O Builder, STAR remediation framework, pyclops, AaaS (alert-as-a-code).
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Ensure our services meet stability, performance, and availability by developing tools, frameworks and auto remediation that will help achieving those requirements in extremely large environments
- Actively engage in design reviews, code reviews and operational reviews.
- Provide on call duty on a rotational basis
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
My name is Boyan Yordanov, Senior Engineering Manager leading the Cloud Operations Team for VMware Private Cloud. I am extremely passionate about helping our team to improve the reliability of system today while also improving as it grows over time. I have been with VMware for 7 years, managing a team of highly skilled and motivated engineers and our team is essential for providing the services and infrastructure which supports our company on the way to redefine the foundation of IT.
The team is distributed across different part of the globe. The team follows SRE practice of the software engineering approach to IT operations. Our team use software as a tool to manage systems, solve problems and automate operations tasks.
Where is this role located?
Flexible: The location of this role is flexible within Bulgaria. Work will be done from an office some days during a week and other days from a non-VMware building.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com .
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.