Site Reliability Engineer
Join us and become a key contributor to cloud evolution at VMware. We are looking for a talented Staff Site Reliability Engineer to help build and maintain VMware's next generation cloud infrastructure platform. This is an opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects which arearehighly strategic to VMware, as part of a passionate, hard-working and culturally diverse team.
VMware's globally distributed infrastructure platform is built using a combination of cloud-native, open-source solutions coupled with internally developed applications and is powered by Kubernetes running on public cloud providers. The platform powers VMware's largest SaaS products in production, including VMware Cloud on AWS. The platform team are responsible for providing infrastructure services and tools to internal teams as self-service systems, so engineering teams can focus on delivering value to customers.
• Use Container platforms such as Kubernetes for large scale deployment of microservices
• Contribute to end-to-end system architecture, working with back-end engineers
• Awareness in Security and Compliance for Containers, Linux OS, Kubernetes
• Maintain & manage SaaS Service platform with 99.99% uptime and SRE experience of SLAs/SLIs
• Conduct periodic on-call duties as needed on a rotational basis
• Provide technical leadership to team members and be a team player
• Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, scalability and future expansion
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools likeGit,Gitlab/Github
• Have an interest in learning new other coding languages and technologies as needed
• Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration
• Collaborate well and be a team player
• Interest and contributions to Kubernetes/CNCF community desirable
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• 10+ years of Engineering Experience with a proven track record of delivering highly available and scalable systems
• Very strong in Python, Bash and preferably Golang
• Track record in large-scale system software development
• Very strong in managing Kubernetes, Docker, Helm and proven at scale
• Strong in Kubernetes logginge.g.Fluentd, and observability technologiese.g.Wavefront or Prometheus/Grafana
• Strong with public cloud architecture AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
• Excellent communication skills essential to work as part of a global team
The ideal candidate must have experience in large scale application design and development. This team deploys Kubernetes to extremely secure environments and must haveaknowledge in security hardening and compliance. One of the essential qualities we are looking for in candidates are those driven to solve unique, challenging problems, challenge the conventional wisdom, embrace diving into unexplored technical areas, creativity, intense curiosity and passion, willingness to take risks and being unafraid of failure, willing to push the envelope.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top