Service Desk Analyst- Carbon Black - GSS
- Bangalore, India
Service Desk Analyst
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer that is hard-working and committed to customer success. The Service Desk Analyst should be comfortable living in both the Support and Engineering environments; translating internal Engineering-speak into clear concise directions for customers and vice-versa.
The TSE is part of a team that helps customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management of our products.
Queries will be complex by nature and may involve debugging and forensic efforts when tracking down operational anomalies. The ability to visualize problems remotely is key to being successful in this role along with excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills. This is a great opportunity for someone with a background supporting commercial software directly with customers, that has a passion for diving into complex technical issues and also has an interest in building their security expertise.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle
- Assist customers in the installation, configuration and deployment of Carbon Black's software products
- Track and monitor all support cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of engineering
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base
- Participate in Knowledge Centered Service training to become a licensed publisher and contribute to the company knowledgebase
Qualifications & requirements:
- A least 3-5 years relevant experience supporting software directly to customers, ideally an agent based product
- Strong troubleshooting skills in both Windows and Linux, working knowledge of DB (MS SQL Server) and MAC an advantage - demonstrable customer escalation skill
- Experience supporting multiple, simultaneous engagements
- Familiarity with software distribution, patch management, and anti-viral technologies
- Good analysis and debugging skills
- Ability to function as an individual contributor and/or a member of a team
- Ability to work on a rotation of APAC or Middle East day shifts with a few times a year for an on call weekend
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top