Senior UX Researcher
- Palo Alto, CA
VMWare is looking for a Senior UX researcher (Qualitative) to lead strategic research, deeply understand the needs of our users, and develop innovative products and solutions. You will generate actionable research insights to drive product roadmap and design strategy. This role will inform on how to deliver a world class customer experience that informs our mission, collaborates with senior leadership, and has direct impact on our business.
User research is the center of VMware's user experience team. User researchers work across different domains, user journeys, and products, to help build integrated end to end experiences for our customers.
- Have the passion and ability to articulate your vision, work with the research, product design, management, and development teams to understand needs, drive execution, and spend research efforts where they can be most effective.
- Be able to apply the lens of psychology, social science, or human-computer interaction to your research findings
- Be self-driven and take initiative to identify highly impactful research areas
- Push the boundaries of research beyond just validation to make sure we're looking at the short- and long-term strategy of our products and that our users voice is there in every part of the product development process from inception, through execution, to shipping, and beyond.
- Embrace accountability. Move fast, make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow.
You must have:
- At least 5+ Years Hands-on experience driving strategic and tactical research in collaboration with senior leaders of design, product management, and engineering.
- 5+ Years of experience with qualitative methods such as; field studies, rapid ethnography, contextual inquiry, interviews, concept testing, and usability
- Conducted end-to-end research using a wide range of mixed methodologies to uncover insights and understand how people interact with and use technology
- Created and communicated effectively research findings that have wide impact
- Experience as a leader who listens carefully, communicates well, and has the ability to empower and inspire user researchers.
- Examples of influencing teams to become more user-centered and have projects to share where you or your team's insights lead to better results.
- Examples of creativity with research methods.
Design at VMware:
We're a dedicated team that moves fast, upholds design quality, values consistency and simplicity, and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We're the organization to "get it done" together. We're not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together as a team and an organization.
We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
This position is eligible for the GrowDesign referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top