Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Waltham, MA
Senior Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer that is hard-working and committed to customer success. The Senior Technical Support Engineer (Sr. TSE) should be comfortable living in both the Support and Engineering environments; translating internal Engineering-speak into clear concise directions for customers and vice-versa. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and fun Technical Support team. You will have significant career growth and opportunity with a company that has grown 100% year over year for the past three years!
The Sr. TSE is part of a team that is the contact for customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management VMware Carbon Black solutions. They are, in many ways, the post-sale "face of VMware Carbon Black" and must be passionate about helping our customers solve problems.
The Sr. TSE will field queries via phone, email and web portal of the CRM solution. Queries will range in complexity from "how to" questions through involved debugging and forensic efforts when tracking down operational anomalies. The ability to visualize problems remotely is key to being successful in this role along with excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills. This is a great opportunity for someone with a background supporting commercial software that has a passion for diving into complex technical issues and also has an interest in building their Security expertise!
We have an incredibly talented team and a performance based and collaborative culture. You will be able to learn from some extraordinary colleagues and leaders as well as bring your own talents and ideas to the team to help us continue to grow the offerings.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you'll do:
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle
- Assist customers in the installation and deployment of VMware Carbon Black's software products
- Track and monitor all support cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base
- Participate in Knowledge Centered Service training to become a licensed publisher and contribute to the company knowledgebase
Model VMware core values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community
- 5+ years relevant experience supporting a distributed software technology in a Windows and Mac, or Linux environment, ideally an agent based product
- Preferred OSX or Linux platform experience with supporting technologies/products
- Operational experience with SQL technologies
- Experience in the enterprise security space
- Experience supporting multiple, simultaneous engagements
- Familiarity with software distribution, patch management, and anti-viral technologies
- Excellent analysis and debugging skill
- Programming experience a plus
- Ability to function as an individual contributor and/or a member of a team
- Ability to work a day shift with responsibilities a few times a year for an on call after hours rotation
Back to top