Senior Technical Instructor
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Senior Technical Instructor
(Professional Level 4)/VCI
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
As a Technical Instructor, you will be delivering high-quality VMware technical training across EMEA as part of the VMware Education Services team. A technical training professional and skilled communicator, you will bring your passion for VMware technologies and industry experience to your classes. You will be comfortable delivering both in-person and online, and have the ability to quickly digest complex technical concepts and convey them to a training audience in a clear and engaging manner across all training modalities.
In addition to delivery of technical training, you will also support the Education Sales team in a consultative manner to assist in developing bespoke training programs that maximize the educational outcomes for VMware's customers.
As part of your own ongoing development, you will keep up with VMware's evolving product and technical training portfolio to ensure that you maintain your technical mastery of VMware technologies.
- Provide world-class training to customers and partners in classroom and live online formats.
- Manage training sessions effectively, addressing any issues that arise and ensuring the class stays on track with the intended agenda.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that students provide feedback.
- Communicate effectively with attendees before, during and after delivery.
- Adapt training delivery to incorporate new methodologies, tools, and processes.
Support Education Sales Team
- Assist with skills assessments and training needs analysis exercises.
- Develop bespoke training programs.
- Act as a strong advocate for VMware solutions and products both inside and outside classes.
Ongoing Content and Instructor Development
- Proactively stay current on VMware's product and training portfolio.
- Develop and deliver webinars & seminars to share knowledge and promote VMware Education products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Business, Communication or Technology.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) mandatory.
- VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) strongly preferred.
- 5+ years relevant Information Technology industry experience.
- 4+ years experience in a technical instructor role, teaching highly technical material relating to virtualization, cloud, operating systems, networking & storage.
- Knowledge of public clouds, cloud native applications and platforms, tools and processes.
- Ability to write scripts, workflows, and simple programs.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal, with strong professional presentation experience.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate complex technical concepts to audiences of various sizes.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects while maintaining short response and resolution times.
- Proven ability to work in dynamic work environments and deliver results with limited supervision.
- Strong English and regional language skills required. Additional multilingual skills a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly across the EMEA region - average of 50% expected
- Perform other tasks, roles and responsibilities, as required.
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization's transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy-financial, human and the Earth's. With FY2020 revenues in excess of $10 billion, VMware has more than 190,000 customers and 25,000 partners worldwide. VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 30,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top