Senior Systems Engineer
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software- defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2018 revenues of $8.97 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 23,000 employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at VMware.com/careers.
The world of IT is in the midst of great upheaval. While some are confused or struggling in the Cloud First world, VMware is surging on record growth across its security, cloud and mobility solutions. We anticipate this growth to continue in 2019, so VMware is hiring!
This is a great opportunity to join our vibrant company and become a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering (SE) team.
This role is right for you if you are an enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality. You will also need strong customer facing and relationship building skills, along with question-based selling skills within the field of technology to succeed in this role. Please read on and apply.
Please note: This is a position based in Delhi and will require to cover the VMware North & East territories. The role will involve travel.
VMware is investing in new strategic services function to activate recent investments in container orchestration, cloud workload mobility and cloud native application development. This team of thought leaders will be responsible for evangelizing our strategic direction, identifying target client segments, engaging and contributing to the Open Source community, and accelerating internal innovation efforts relative to VMware's cloud-native platform road map.
Cloud Native Field Architects are responsible for:
- Driving our advancements in technology, process and pushing our engagements to success day in and day out.
- This team defines and executes on the most complex customer engagements and architectures, along with advance customer thinking and awareness within the Cloud Native space.
- The ideal candidate is a thought leader and influencer who has demonstrated credibility in the Open Source community and must have a desire to define the journey for VMware to capture modern application workloads.
- Designing, Installing and optimizing Kubernetes clusters and dependencies. Produce solutions to complex business problems using code or existing tools, lead research and create new technologies and contributes significant amounts of high-quality work to technical content library and industry events.
- Community Engagement: 25% of time dedicated for conferences, events and general evangelism.
- Deep knowledge of tools and IP tools / IP required to drive relevance and scale app-centric decision makers.
- Deep knowledge of market dynamics and competitive alternatives such as RedHat OpenShift.
- Identifies and drives qualified opportunities to closure, and scopes delivery activity.
- Content development: consistently produces high quality artifacts for marketing, sales and product.
- Sets technical direction for team, engagements and internal initiatives.
- Fosters a sense of collaboration through activity and presence. Assists all team members when they are stuck, and helps others level up their skills by providing kind and direct feedback.
- Can drive customer conversations proactively, report and manage time of self and teams with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrable thought leadership and influence in the Open Source Community.
- Domain expertise in infrastructure or programming concepts
- Looking for skills across a broad number of areas including :
- Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker & Cloud Native Application development platforms.
- Linux - As the defacto base operating system for all public cloud providers and Cloud Native technologies effective skills working with Linux on the CLI are required.
- Networking & Security - Some of the more complex scenarios which occur with Cloud Native projects and technologies involve both east / west and ingress /egress networking and security considerations. As such we highly value expertise and experience in these areas.
- Reliability Engineering - A drive towards constant iteration and improvement of technologies and processes is a fundamental part of being successful with Cloud Native projects and technologies.
- Go & Programming - Some of our projects require building and extending tooling and projects. GO is preferred, but any modern language is acceptable as a starting point.
- Can effectively execute all engagements solo
- Hands on experience with open source hybrid cloud platforms, including Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Experience with application life cycle management (ALM) tools and strategies
- Experience defining and maintaining business and technical strategies and road-maps
- Demonstrated ability to initiate chance across large enterprise context for strategy and adoption of platforms and approaches
- Strong presentation skills and presence in front of executive stakeholders
- Referencable industry publications/whitepapers.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top