Senior Strategic Account Executive
- Staines, United Kingdom
At VMware, we believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or the manner in which we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking.
We believe that software has the power to unlock new possibilities for people and our planet. Our software forms a digital foundation that powers the apps, services, and experiences transforming the world.
We also dare to reach our goals in a collaborative, thriving environment with shared values. The VMware culture is built on our EPIC2 values; the acronym EPIC2 (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community) represents the hallmark of our VMware culture, and what we stand for as individuals and as a community.
What We Do
VMware streamlines the journey for organizations to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and empower employees to do their best work. Our software spans compute, cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace.
We are focused on identifying the key customer issues in Digital Mobility, Digital Transformation and helping with them with their Hybrid Cloud Journey by leveraging our best in class Software Defined Data Centre.
Because we are delivering extraordinary business value, our customers are adopting our technology extensively. In order to sustain our growth, we are looking to hire the best talent to help us and our customers on this journey.
If you are interested in an environment that is open, diverse, inclusive, empowered as well as work that is both stimulating and challenging and are keen to learn, develop professionally and have fun, VMware offers great opportunities.
The Public Sector team within VMware UKI is a high-energy, passionate team of salespeople with a passionate desire to succeed and drive the digital transformation within UK public sector. Although you are an individual contributor within the business, you will be part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the opportunity to craft and execute on your business plan through you own efforts and through the management of your virtual sales team.
We are looking for proven and experienced, but dynamic and creative Senior Strategic Central Government Account Manager for the UK. This person will be responsible for a small number of strategic and significant Whitehall accounts requiring regular access at C level, and with their strategic partners
Central Government departments have changed dramatically in the past 3 years in terms of digital strategy and technology adoption, and as such, you will be skilled in the translation between digital business goals for a department and the technology solutions selection to deliver these goals.
We want someone who will be able to align, influence and deliver on a departments goals through the delivery of the entire VMware portfolio including hybrid and public cloud services, end user computing, software defined datacentre technologies, and open data/standard solutions.
We are looking for a strong sales individual who has experience with this customer community at senior level, can prioritise and is adept at building solid, repeatable business propositions, particularly in a digital and cloud focused environment.
You will have experience of getting results through your own sales engagements and through harnessing the power of the channel as well as a deep understanding of the fast changing environment within the public sector and how the drive for digital services, cloud first strategies and cost savings can be used to build positive relationships and to deliver significant sales success. A consistent record of successful and smart selling in this meaningful and changing business environment is crucial.
What will you be doing?
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets and build a rolling 12+ month pipeline so that you can Build a strong and balanced business across a defined list of accounts in the region
- We want someone who can develop and lead customer relationships that range from CIO and CEO and include CTO with a personal network at senior and influential level. You will develop and run sector relationships with a small number of key partners to provide scale and coverage across the entire account list
- Develop an account plan for each department, including an executive contact strategy
- Drive and lead large opportunities to completion and manage partners to help deliver other opportunities
- do we want?
- A High Performance Salesperson. We want significant and attested sales success in the sector over a 3-5 year period with experience of exceeding assigned goals and targets
- Someone who grows their business and expands into new areas. Development of pipeline from lead generation to close through own initiatives and engagements with partners
- Someone with leadership capabilities and management potential. We want to see experience of running a virtual team to harness skills and drive a coherent account plan
- Knowledge of how to sell to Government customers, and how to influence the influencers
- Demonstrable innovation and creativity.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Executive presence and credibility.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- High energy and passion for the sector itself and the teams success.
- Stable and consistent work history
- Own and lead the engagement with the CIO/CDIO, CTO and CISO for each of the accounts
- Develop and grow personal relationships and influence with departmental leaders
- Grow VMware's wallet share in each department's digital service portfolio
- High energy, motivated self starter with strong leadership qualities
- Selling the complete VMware solution portfolio including products and services
- Learn and understand the assigned accounts' extended business model and craft offerings and solutions to meet their goals
- Become as intimate as possible with assigned accounts and bridge the gap to executives while increasing VMware consideration
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position within key accounts
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while running a diverse set of partners within the same accounts
- Match the VMware solution to the customer's business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Forecasting and account/opportunity detail in SalesForce.com
- The role, responsibilities and geographical focus might change and develop over time along with the company's rapid growth.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top