Senior SRE, VMware Cloud on AWS
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Ensure that VMware Cloud on AWS operates with high reliability and performance at scale for our customers.
The VMC on AWS Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for quality SRE with a diverse set of experiences and skill-sets to run the exciting new VMWare Cloud on AWS services. As a Service SRE you will provide service insight, response, and service management to maintain high service reliability with low touch through extensible services/platforms, standardized processes, data insights, and product input.
- Maintain availability of VMware's global services platform
- Work closely with software engineering teams to improve availability of services
- Handle seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation
- Identify, gather, analyze and automate responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts
- Ensure infrastructure security compliance
- Conduct post-mortems to analyze and prevent repeat failures
- Conduct periodic on call duties as needed on a regular basis
- Prior SRE experience
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- Domain level understanding of Public/Private Cloud Infrastructure & Networking
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and scaling online services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in Python
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Professional and open-minded attitude
- Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment
- On Call support for high priority incidents
- Operational experience with networking (WAN or LAN) and an understanding of network theory
- Proficient in a common scripting language: Bash, Python, Go, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with VMware products: vSphere, vCenter, ESX/ESXi, vSAN, and NSX
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric
- Experience with security in the cloud: Intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning
- Experience with monitoring solutions: ELK, Splunk, SUMO, Nagios, Prometheus
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA Service Desk, PagerDuty
- Experience with Change Management processes and functions
- Experience with various data technologies including relational and non-relational databases and message queues
- Good working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Gerrit, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus, Artifactory, Selenium.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top