Senior Solutions Marketing Manager
VMware Telco and Edge Cloud business unit partners with the world's leading Communications Service Providers to drive cloud technologies into their core network environments through NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) and SDN. The approach is to leverage cloud infrastructure platforms across a hybrid cloud- edge, telco, private and public. Specifically, the group is focusing on leveraging external partnerships along with VMware products and services to develop value added, end-to-end network solutions for CSPs globally.
The Sr. Solutions Marketing Manager for VMware's Telco and Edge Cloud BU will work with Telco Solutions Managers to drive the strategy to deliver next-gen services for CSPs. The Solutions Marketing Manager will provide product marketing support and material for CSPs and be the go-to-marketing individual for solutions.
This person is responsible for driving the adoption and success of our telco solution portfolio and creating successful business outcomes for CSPs through developing messaging, collateral, demos, competitive research and positioning, and evangelism through customer engagements, at public events and internal groups.
The Sr. Solutions Marketing Manager has a clear understanding of 5G, Mobile and Fixed-line services and cable networks and a strong understanding of the requirements for Telcos.
- Create go-to-market strategy to successfully launch new telco related solutions into the CSP segment and lead successful execution of this plan across functional teams.
- Develop positioning and messaging that resonates with service providers, relating product capabilities in terms that they understand, care about, and are willing to pay for.
- Create the core marketing content and sales tools needed to reach our partners and customers with a consistent and relevant message.
- Perform competitive analysis at a detailed level of vendors' technology, strategy, and positioning.
- Market Insights - Collect market data from internal and external sources to share with executives and Product Management.
- Acquire deep customer knowledge through market research, segmentation analysis and 1:1 customer interviews.
- Provide strategic and tactical support for Sales and Business Development.
- Define product pricing and packaging for VMware telco solutions that optimize revenue generation.
- At least 5-7 years' experience in software platform product marketing at an enterprise software company or large-scale telco services vendor.
- Domain experience in Communications Service Provider core networks, Cloud Management, NFV and SDN
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Technical background, preferably in telecommunications networking and / or cloud management software space preferred. Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts.
- Passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology.
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams and effective project management and analytical / decision-making skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree required; MBA preferred.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top