Senior Solutions Manager
TEC Solutions - Solutions Manager
VMware Telco and Edge Cloud (TEC) business unit enables the worldwide ecosystem of Communications Service Providers (CSP) to transform their networks into flexible, agile, and programmable environments through Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and SDN. The approach is to leverage cloud infrastructure platforms with integrated operations and automation for next generation solutions across a hybrid cloud - edge, telco, private, public. Furthermore, the group focuses on leveraging external partnerships along with VMware products and services expertise to develop premium value-add, end-to-end network solutions for CSPs worldwide.
The Telco Solutions Manager for network and enterprise services will be responsible to deliver technical solutions strategy for next-generation telecommunication services for wireline and wireless lines of business. This person will contribute to the definition, strategy and roadmap of telco solutions, leveraging core VMware telco cloud products, virtualization and operations platforms, and third-party (ISV) partner network functions and applications as applicable. This person will be able to articulate key value statements and use cases within the CSP's services context for the wireline and wireless solutions in edge and core cloud computing.
- Define and develop strategy for solutions in mobile and wireline network services - voice, video, and data for 5G/4G networks, fixed access networks, and cable networks
- Define and drive use case in virtualization infrastructure solutions for software-defined data centers, edge clouds, and MEC platforms
- Contribute to VMware TEC solutions success through detailed use case development; technical positioning; solution scale, performance, and deployment; and providing detailed requirements for solution architecture designs, configurations and optimizations.
- Mentor solution architects to develop and design such solutions demonstrating VMware's differentiating value and excellence in core networks and B2B services
- Collaborate with other members of the larger TEC team including architects, product managers, and technical representatives from third parties such as partners and customers
- Assist with a team of global architects and field systems engineers responsible for the execution of technical solutions with NEPs, Telco ISVs and operators to illustrate the value of the solution
- Ensure healthy and productive solution development cycle through engagement with customers, field and professional services consultants.
- 10+ years of experience designing / implementing solutions in the large data center and/or mobile operator core network environment.
- Good knowledge of 5G, 4G, RAN, physical networks is required and Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) would be desirable
- Experience participating in all aspects of large-scale distributed systems architecture projects through requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and production.
- Strong knowledge with virtualization technologies and converged infrastructure stack across server, storage, and networking, including containers is a must.
- Domain expertise on VMware technologies, including vSphere, vSAN, NSX-T, K8S, and VIO
- Understanding of networking stack and routing/switching is preferred, including TCP/IP, MPLS, L2, L3, SD-WAN, VXLAN, etc.
- Domain expertise in mobile and fixed networks, service, topologies and architectures is required
- Good understanding of SDN/NFV concept, mechanism, and standards such as ETSI, IETF, MEF, TMForum
- Proven ability to take complex technology concepts, simplify them and extract key value propositions as evidenced by strong writing, editing and presentation skills
- Must have the ability to communicate complex technical solutions to all types of audiences through whitepapers, solution briefs and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, influence and work across organizational boundaries and broad range of peers and executives.
- Proven track record of developing & delivering formal and informal technical material aimed at educating customers, partners or sales teams.
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts
- Graduate degree in computer science/engineering preferred
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top