Senior Solution Engineer SD-WAN EMEA (Dell)
- Staines, United Kingdom
The SD-WAN market is hot and VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud is the leading solution in the market. More and more customers and partners are onboarded with our solution and this is the chance for you to enter that rocket ship and be part of the biggest WAN transformation journey to come since decades.
You will be the primary technical contact for our DELL/VMware SD-WAN relationship in EMEA. You will drivethe development and enablement strategy for our EMEA DELL partnership by understanding technically our SD-WAN solution, sharing best practices and ensuring a successful implementation of SD-WAN with their customers. As a result, you will create and develop relationships with the stake holders within our partner's organizations. You will be supported by our product team, sales organization and executives accordingly.
Responsibilities & Focus Areas
- Lead DELL through their SD-WAN network practice
- Articulate both business and technical benefits of our solution
- Presentation skills: technical solutions, performing technical demonstrations, explaining the use cases
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product directions to executives and technical management
- Develop long-term relationships with DELL, potentially distributors channels and our internal extended teams
- Consolidate feedback from DELL
- Create and execute technical enablement plans, delivering against KPI's.
- Subject matter expert in the Networking and Routing industry
- Enable DELL to build internal labs and deliver customer POC's.
- Participate and present at DELL events.
- Network Industry Certification such as CCIE is preferred. BGP and OSPF routing knowledge and experience are a requirement.
- 5+ years of experience with data centers, networking, WAN technologies, and Cloud services, ideallythrough Value Added Resellers (VARs) and Systems Integrators for enterprise markets.
- 5+ years of experience in partner facing roles, such as Sales Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, or Solution Architect
- Experience with DELL is welcome but not a must-have
- Hands on experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in Enterprise network, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to build rapport and credibility and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively present technology and business propositions to different types of partners, internal teams and management.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Expect 50% travel requirements
- Team work: work in a matrix environment, liaise with the world-wide DELL/VMware SD-WAN team, be close with partner, distribution, sales and Go to Market team.
The Senior Solution Engineer SD-WAN EMEA (Dell) engages with multi-functional teams which include resellers, distributors, service providers, account executives, technical specialists and product managers. These include, but are not limited to, Executives, Technology buyers, Technology or Business Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Administrators and any other departmental liaisons
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top