Senior Solution Engineer
- New York, NY
About VMware MAPBU and VMware Tanzu
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware's new exciting Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU), made up of products and services under the VMware Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers' entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
The VMware Tanzu Solutions Engineer (SE) plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware Tanzu solutions to achieve our revenue goals.
A typical day in this role:
- Present VMware Tanzu vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management.
- Work with the sales team to qualify sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
- Partner with the sales team to develop and implement account strategies to drive the adoption of VMware Tanzu solutions within strategic accounts.
- Present and advocate for the design and value of the proposed VMware Tanzu solution and business case to customers and prospects.
- Build relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of the sales opportunity objectives.
- Participate in RFx and drive POCs to meet the customer's success criteria.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continued refinement of VMware Tanzu products.
- Continued learning about VMware Tanzu products through self-study, collaboration with peers, and organizational training.
- 5+ years hands-on experience designing or implementing distributed applications in Java or .NET
- 2+ years of experience with container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker or PaaS (e.g. Cloud Foundry)
- Understanding of cloud-native design and agile software delivery principles
- Experience presenting to small and large audiences (Executives, Management & Developers)
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Prior technical pre-sales experience
- Experience with one or more development frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, .NET Core/C#/ASP.NET/WCF, or Go and messaging and database systems (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with modern software build tools including Maven, Gradle, and Bundler
- Experience in service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer certification from the Cloud Native Computing Foundation
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top