Senior Solution Architect
- Bangalore, India
Senior Solutions Architect
Job Location: India
About your potential future team:
APJ Solutions Architecture Platform Team Strives to make our customers' use of Tanzu TAS and TKGIsuccessful. It turns out that successful use of technology requires some changes in people and process. We help our customers use a product-centric mindset to build a balanced team and a streamlined pathway to production, leaving app product teams unencumbered to deliver value to their customers. Our Product Managers and Platform Engineers pair with customer counterparts to transfer knowledge, culture and practices while achieving project goals. A Pivotal Solutions Architect is responsible for designing and supporting the delivery of complex Pivotal solutions to customers.
A typical day in this role
- Architect and design innovative enterprise level solutions based on the Tanzu software stack
- Utilize, create and apply best practices of Platform as a Service design and implementation
- Be a Subject Matter Expert and a trusted advisor to customers in PaaS and cloud applications design
- Present industry thought-leadership and Pivotal use-cases/IP to influence and align customers to VMware outcomes.
- Author diagrams and tender responses, create white papers and contribute to company and industry content forums.
- Adhere to time, cost and quality constraints of each project including quality documentation and deliverables
- Contribute to the progression of the Professional Services team by sharing IP, advising best practices and delivering the best possible solutions
- Achieve productive and billable utilisation targets and support sales of professional services
- Work with internal stakeholders such as Field Engineering, Customer Success and Product Management to provide a consensus-based enterprise solutions and feedback into the overall product roadmap.
- Build community knowledge and skills in Tanzu capabilities including supporting PoC's, training and mentoring.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in container, cloud native platform like Docker/Kubernetes
- You have worked with Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity or other Continuous Integration tools
- You have a development or DevOps automation background (infrastructure as code)
- You are experienced in VMware vSphere / ESXi / ESX
- You have expert knowledge of Linux / Unix systems
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Consultative approach - the ability to analyse and resolve complex problems in collaboration with customers and colleagues
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Good presentation skills - preparing and delivering presentations to senior executives
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English required)
- Project planning and delivery experience
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Prepared to travel up to 50% of role
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- Vertical Expertise - subject matter expertise in financial, retail, government/federal, telecom
- Experience with database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL) and messaging middleware technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Knowledge and hands on experience with the Apache Hadoop stack, including Hadoop, HDFS, Oozie, Pig, and Hive would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the TAS and/or TKGI platform would be an advantage
We really care about our employees and offer:
- VMware offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Death, Disability and medical health insurance)
- Business travel health insurance for VMware employees.
- Diversity of Leave Entitlements (including annual, parental, congratulatory, adoption leave and others)
- Pension Plan
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our employees to live a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top