Senior Software/Platform Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Join us and become a key contributor to cloud evolution at VMware. We are looking for a talented Software/Platform Engineer to join our team whereby you will help provide services to VMware's next generation cloud infrastructure platform, as part of a passionate, hard-working and culturally diverse team.
VMware's globally distributed infrastructure platform is built using a combination of industry-standard open-source solutions and internally developed applications and is backed by the Kubernetes eco-system running on public cloud providers. The platform powers VMware's largest SaaS products in production, including VMware Cloud on AWS. The Software Engineering team is responsible for building compelling, value add services on top of Kubernetes to internal VMware engineering teams
- Contribute to infrastructure related software engineering projects
- Help ensure SaaS Service platform has 99.99% uptime
- Conduct periodic on call duties as needed on a regular scheme basis.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, scalability and future expansion
- Experience in OpenSource contributions
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of Engineering Experience with a proven track record of delivering highly available and scalable systems
- Strong knowledge in container platforms (Kubernetes and Docker) for large scale deployment of microservices
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools like Git,Gitlab/Github
- Strong experience mainly in Golang, Python and bash
- Track record in large-scale system software development.
- Best practices with test driven development, unit/integration testing, code coverage, strong documentation talent including functional designs, comments/readme's, how-to's/runbooks etc
- Strong with public cloud architecture AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Excellent communication skills essential as this is truly a global team
The ideal candidate must have experience in application design and development. One of the essential qualities we are looking for in candidates are those driven to solve unique, challenging problems, challenge the conventional wisdom, embrace diving into unexplored technical areas, creativity, intense curiosity and passion, willingness to take risks and unafraid of failure, willing to push the envelope.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top