Senior Software Engineer/Consultant WW CoE
- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware's Professional Services Center of Excellence
We consult the top Fortune 500 companies in the world on services such as Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, Storage and IT services Delivery. Our Automation and Orchestration Consultants work with VMware technologies which assist with the automation, orchestration, and management of virtual infrastructure and Cloud.
We deliver solutions to help customers to fully benefit from the possibilities of a virtual infrastructure by integrating third party products and automating processes.
To achieve this, the following VMware products are mainly but not solely used:
Are you playing a leadership role in your team?
Do you have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you build, and you consistently think in terms of architecture?
Do you love solving challenging problems and delivering groundbreaking solutions?
Do you like helping clients to get it right whether it means guiding design, implementation or deployment?
Are you ready to grow your career by using your architecture and development expertise to bridge the gap between product and business?
We're seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer with experience as a professional services consultant or from the engineering side of the house. You'll be part of a project team on larger projects and work independently to conduct small to medium engagements with customers.
- vRealize Orchestrator
- vRealize Automation
- vRealize Operations
A typical day may include
You'll translate customer business requirements into technology solutions based on the VMware Management product stack. You'll use a broad range of technologies to address specific product needs.
- You'll learn and maintain a current knowledge of the entire VMware product line.
- You'll assist in the development of standard reusable VMware "productized" consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, scope of work and standard estimates.
- You'll document the most effective procedures in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by the team, customers and partners.
- Experience as a Professional Services Consultant or Software Engineer, preferably with an Internet, Cloud or "Big 5" consulting organization
- You're experienced with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software architecture and networking and infrastructure design.
- You've worked hands on analyzing customer requirements to produce custom solutions for deployment and configuration at client site. Craft customer-facing solution documentation and specifications.
- Your English is excellent. You communicate clearly and write well and can explain just about anything to anyone, and you can communicate in writing and on the phone.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Understanding of virtual IT production data center and Internet hosting operations
- A good practical understanding of native mobile application development (iOS and/or Android)
- A good practical understanding of Web-based application development and application platforms
- Proficient in German, French, Spanish, Italian or another European language is a plus
- Ability to travel throughout EU up to 25% if needed
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top