Senior Software Engineer - Spring, OSS Observability (Remote - US or EMEA)
- New York, NY
Observability of modern applications is critical to the success of operationalizing modern distributed architectures. The VMware open source portfolio is a leader in this space with a variety of open source projects, including Micrometer, Spring Cloud Sleuth, and Zipkin. These projects serve as foundational pieces to critical frameworks, such as Spring Boot and applications used by developers throughout the enterprise. We are looking for a Java software engineer who is excited to make a difference in millions of applications in every industry around the world by working on the projects mentioned above.
Why we are excited about you
You enjoy staying ahead of technology and continually strive to improve your understanding and engineering craft. You are excited about open source and the impact it can have on the lives of millions of enterprise developers in every industry. You are excited about working on projects that can help and impact millions of developers in the open source world.
We know from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply regardless of your self-assessment, because we want to hear from you.
- Proficient with Java
- Knowledge of application monitoring using metrics and distributed tracing
- Experience working with one or more observibility platforms, including (but not limited to) Wavefront, Datadog, Dynatrace, InfluxData Suite, Prometheus, StatsD, and Zipkin
- An understanding of the Spring ecosystem
- Comfortable with Git and GitHub workflows
Public speaking experience
- Experience contributing to open source projects, including (but not limited to) code or documentation contributions, blog posts, StackOverflow support, and so on
- Working experience with remote teams
- Understanding of performance monitoring and tuning of the JVM, garbage collectors, and related tasks
- Familiarity with anomaly detection
This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top