NSX team is seeking a passionate software engineer to build cloud native infrastructure and services for NSX. As a member of the team, you will be expected to design and implement end to end micro services with a specific focus on cloud, distributed systems, scalability and elasticity.
In this role, you will
- Design and develop new Java, Golang and Python based micro services to manage large distributed systems.
- Contribute to engineering projects spanning several engineering groups.
- Actively involved in large-scale systems design
- Leverage existing open source/cloud native technologies to solve engineering problems
Who you are
- Minimum of 5+ years of engineering experience with a track record of developing and owning micro-services end to end
- Proven critical thinking and a bias for action
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and oral communication are required
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Curiosity to learn and explore new technologies
What will help you succeed:
- Adept in either Golang or Java programming with at least 3+ years of experience in either of the programming language (Go preferable)
- Demonstrable experience in building horizontally scalable REST based micro-services using framework/technologies such as Spring, gRPC, Kubernetes, service proxies, API gateways and message brokers.
- Thrive in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with any of AWS, GCP or Azure stack is a plus
- Experience in SDN and Cloud networking technologies is a plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.