Senior Software Engineer - HCX - Opportunity for Working Remotely
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware HCX™ is an application mobility platform and hybrid connectivity platform designed for simplifying application migration, workload rebalancing and business continuity across datacenters and clouds. Note: This product was formerly known as Hybrid Cloud Extension and NSX Hybrid Connect.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - HCX who will be a key developer for areas of our next generation cloud native platform. You will be a key contributor to the code, technical architecture and design. You will be working with exciting technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka and MongoDB.
What you bring:
- Senior software developer who has been involved in the development of scaled cloud services and design of sub-components
- Experience in Cloud Native Architectures and Open Source Software (OSS)
- Program in Java and a scripting language such as Python
- 8+ years of experience in software development roles
- Experience designing for scalability and performance
- Background in one or more of software defined networks, virtualization, hybrid clouds and layer-2/layer-3 network technologies
- experience with Service Oriented/Microservices architectures and Hybrid patterns
- Have specialized expertise in one or more of areas such as Live Data Migration Technologies, L2 extensibility, WAN optimization, Disaster Recovery etc.
- Experience with services offered in or deployments of VMware, AWS, Azure or Google clouds
- Experience working for a cloud infrastructure company
- MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Golang programming
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top