Senior Software Engineer, Data Applications Platform
- Sofia, Bulgaria
We are looking for a skilled software engineer to join the Data Analytics Platform team and help us design and build VMware's streaming analytics platform. The platform allows teams across the company to do near real time processing of millions of events on a daily basis and serves as the backend of the company's Online Health solutions.
If you're passionate about highly performant large-scale systems, data and analytics, quality and good design, we'd love to have you in the team. As a senior software engineer, you'll be able to lead the end-to-end design and development of platform features.
- Design and develop the next features of VMware's Data Applications Platform
- Analyze product requirements and work on the architecture and design of the solution
- Write high quality and maintainable code, perform and receive code reviews
- Be responsible for the CI/CD of your code to production
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues, identify and implement the necessary changes in the system to prevent such issues and improve stability
- Work in an agile team
- 6 or more years of experience as software engineer
- Excellent knowledge of Java and/or Python
- Solid design skills
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka and/or other Messaging Brokers
- Experience with Big data technologies and the Hadoop ecosystem
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top