Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Provider LCM
With VMware Cloud Provider Program we enable our partners to invest in VMware infrastructure on a monthly subscription basis, driving the success of their public and hybrid clouds. Cloud Providers need flexibility in their cloud deployment choice, while at the same time get a cloud stack that is easy to deploy, tested and validated. VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager is our solution to help partners manage their cloud environments.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to help us develop the next version of VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager .
Do you like working in a team? Do you strive to learn and achieve more? Are you creative? Do you give back to your community? If so, then you share our values and we would love to have you in our team.
This position is available for remote work within Bulgaria or Poland.
- Develop and maintain quality software products and services in collaboration with a global extended team
- Analyze requirements provided by the Product Manager in the form of user stories, market and competition analysis.
- Specify how the software functions, design features, components and classes
- Write code following coding standards, review the code of your fellow engineers
- Write and triage unit, integration and system tests
- Experience in Java or another statically-typed object-oriented language
- Experience in Python or another scripting language
- Experience in developing and consuming web services
- Experience in using relational and NoSQL databases
- Good knowledge of concurrent programming
- Understanding of networking and network protocols
- Practical knowledge in general computer science: data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of operating systems concepts: processes, memory management, file systems
- Good analytical skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Experience in Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, participating in sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospective and demos
- Experience in git or another source control system
- Experience with CI/CD and build pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g. VMware vSphere, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in Maven, Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Experience in deploying applications on VMware vSphere and public clouds
- Experience in Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other Configuration Management and Orchestration systems
- Sun Certified Java Programmer, SpringSource Certified Spring Professional, VMware Certified Professional, Certified ScrumMaster
As part of the VMware standards for integrity you will need to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top